Going to a Shopping Mall might not seem like the most exciting holiday adventure, especially if your partner grimaces at the thought of an afternoon looking at designer clothes or your children seem to scream and shout at the mere thought of Marks and Spencer, let alone trying to take them to Louis Vuitton. Get your much needed shopping fix whilst in Dubai by heading to The Dubai Mall which will entertain your whole family.
It is an understatement to describe the Dubai Mall as just a shopping mall. It holds all your favourite stores with recognised high street brands of Zara, Gap, Monsoon and Oasis. There’s also a range of designer shops present such as Chanel, Dior and Cavalli. But there’s also an aquarium, walk-through shark tunnel, Souk market, Cineplex, and the option to be travel round in your very own buggy complete with driver.
Here are the key stats for the Mall:
- 1.1 million square metres of floor space
- 33,000 marine animals
- 1,200 stores
- 22 cinema screens with 2,800 seats
- 250 hotel rooms
- 150 metres high wall of water from the Dubai Fountain
- 9,000 square metre shoe district
- 1 Olympic-sized Ice Rink
- Limitless pretend play careers for children in the Kidzania play zone
- 1 Breath-taking view of the Dubai Skyline
With impressive figures like that, the Dubai Mall has to go down as one of our recommended must-see places on your trip to Dubai.