Some like to travel by aeroplane, some like to see the world by driving from A to B and some of us like to sit back and view the beautiful scenery from the comfort of a train carriage.
If you’re a fan of the latter and looking for some inspiration for you next journey of discovery, then read on…
The World’s Most Scenic Railway Journeys
Narrated by Bill Nighy, The World’s Most Scenic Railway Journeys begins at 8pm on Friday 25th October, Channel 5. In this six-part series, viewers are taken on incredible train journeys across the world and encounter the people who travel, work and live near them.
The first episode chugs through Canada aboard the Rocky Mountaineer as it takes on the gasp-inducing loop from Vancouver to the centre of the Rockies, and then through North America’s awe-inspiring natural beauty, all the way to Banff in Alberta. Viewers will also be treated to the spiral tunnels and tips on how to track bears with the National Park Rangers.
Channel 5’s commissioning editor, Daniel Pearl, has described the programme as “a beautiful and indulgent treat, taking our viewers to places of truly outstanding natural beauty.”
With the following episodes to explore Europe and New Zealand, we can’t wait to be en route with this stunning programme!
If you’re looking to get away and discover Canada, Mercury Holidays has the perfect rail tour: Coast to Coast Canada by Rail. This epic fifteen day journey takes you across the entire continent of North America.
With glorious scenery changing daily, there’s always an incredible view from your cabin; enjoy the rugged coastline of Nova Scotia, Great Lakes, the prairie fields of the Central plains and the towering Rockies of the East Coast. You’ll also get the opportunity to marvel at the magnificent Niagara Falls and explore Canada’s most endearing cities and towns.
Included in your tour:
- Flights from London Heathrow to Canada with Air Canada
- Fully escorted tour
- All excursions and entry fees
- All internal travel
- Local English speaking guides
- 13 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Overnight rail journey from Nova Scotia into French-Canadian Quebec
- Majestic Niagara Falls and the enchanting town of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- City tours of Halifax, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver
- Spectacular rail journey from Toronto to Vancouver with a glass-topped observation cabin to observe the breath-taking passing scenery
- Admire the incredible Rockies, vast Great Lakes and the remarkable landscapes of the Canadian interior
Book your journey through Canada!
Choose our popular Coast to Coast Canada by Rail tour which includes all flights, accommodation, transfers and entry fees, English speaking guides and full ABTA and ATOL protection.
Coast to Coast Canada by Rail – 15 days – from £3,499pp
Want to take a look at more of Mercury Holidays’ escorted tours?